Registration for the "Open Week" at GERICS
Logo: Zentrum KlimaAnpassung
we are very pleased about your interest in the multifaceted work of GERICS and offer you guided tours, demonstrations and lectures at GERICS on the following topics during the "Week of Climate Adaptation" (12 to 16 September 2022, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day) (this list will be extended continuously):
- Q&A session with Daniela Jacob (Fri, Sept 16, 1-4pm and 2-3pm).
- GERICS climate outlooks (federal states, districts)
- The Hamburg Metropolitan Region in a 1.5°C warmer world
- Climate change and cities
- The GERICS urban adaptation kit (Mon, 12.9.)
- Safe homes under disasters and climate extremes: How to better prepare cities for climate extremes with citizen participation?
- Climate change and water
- Climate change and health
- "CoKLIMAx: Using Copernicus data for climate-resilient urban planning using the example of water, heat and vegetation
- Presentation of a doctoral thesis on "Thermal Comfort Index" (Tue, 13.9., 11 a.m.)
- "ProPolis": The Urban climate model "Palm4U"
- "ADAPTER" (ADAPT tERrestrial systems): innovative, simulation-based products for adapting agriculture to climate change
- GERICS Stakeholder engagement | Lecture: "Fashionable Climate Services: The Hats & Styles of Climate Services" (Mon, 12.9., 2 p.m.)
- Net Zero 2050: Web atlas and signpost - demonstrations
- Climate adaptation for storm water management
- Climate Change and Art / GERICS at the "CARBONALE"
- GERICS as partner in the Hamburg Climate Cluster of Excellence "CLICCS" (Mon, 12.9.)
- RegIKlim/NUKLEUS: "From the regional climate model via the local impact model into practice"
Our experts will be happy to answer your questions during this "Open House Week" at the Chilehaus (Fischertwiete 1, entrance B, 6th floor, D-20095 Hamburg). If you already know which topic might be of particular interest to you, please feel free to use the registration option below. We will then organise your visit so that a contact person at GERICS will be available for you.
We look forward to your visit and your registration!
Your GERICS Team
You can find details of our hygiene concept here (in German) (230 KB)